Thursday, October 30, 2025

[MISSION] 67: Of Garish Colours and Heart-Eyed Emoji

Spin-off: Four Demonly Kings
Mission canon(s): Vocaloid
Part 4 of: Photo Contest arc

Right after their previous Vocaloid mission, the Demonly Kings are sent on yet another one. Along the way, trouble arises.

The fic, titled Vocaloid high, belongs to vocaloidFOREVER6 and they're welcome to keep or do anything they want with it.


Moving

Cherry red fading in a graceful gradient to wisteria purple, splattered hither and thither with willow green and daffodil yellow. Lapis lazuli blue fractured by veins of metal silver, drizzled all over with hollyhock pink and mandarine orange. Such excellent colours, one would expect them to grace the finest painting.

Sadly, it was not a canvas that these colours stained. It was the Four Demonly Kings' bodies and clothes.

Such was the sorry fate that met them: just after their previous, painfully short Vocaloid mission, the console BEEPed of another incoming Vocaloid badfic. Yet cold, wet and shivering from being buried under multicoloured snow, the four hadn't time to change clothes or dry themselves before having to venture once again into the dimension of badfic. Still stained head to feet in a multitude of vivid colours, the agents suffered through bad writing all the same.

It's the first day of summer and my mom told us we're were moving to Japan and joining a school of musicians and dancers also singers. We said our goodbyes to our old friends and was packing...

Rins pov...
Hey my name is Rin Kagimine and I'm a twin with Len Kagimine, I'm 14yrs old about to be 15, I'm a freshman that is going to go to vocaloid high, I can't wait to go. Our father had died the year after we were born, we were born on June 12. I miss him even though I never saw him, but my mom kept telling stories of him and how he was. Well I like head bands that look like a big bow, my hair is blond and my eyes are blue, I'm the oldest which me I was born before my brother, I wear shorts and I love😍oranges. oranges are my life I will die if I don't have my oranges. well that's me.

Shortly after avoiding two falling blonde Hachune named Rins and Kagimine, Urato narrowly ducked a falling heart-eyed emoji the size of a beach ball. Inasuke quickly grabbed the emoji and tightly hugged it as though it was a plush, but clearly he had no intention of helping Urato with fic-watching. He returned promptly to discussing with Momoka over the sound of Kaguya's "angry mode" shouting.

Lens pov...
Sup I'm Len Kagimine and I'm a twin with Rin Kagimine,
[…] I love😍bananas. bananas are my life I will die if I don't have my bananas.well that's me.

Momoka was not fazed that the falling bespectacled Hachune named Lens and another emoji both missed her by a hair's breadth; a greater problem was at hand. "Kaguya-sama is still soaked in all these colours; indeed, all of us are," she said. "He's displeased that he didn't have the time to fix his makeup. Are you sure we should take his pictures now?"

"The quicker it gets done, the better. Then we can have more time to focus on the fic; the Kagamine are my second favourite Vocaloids after Utatane Piko, and it's getting quite aggravating to see them written like this," Inasuke answered, holding his smartphone in one hand and a tube of Otomeshiya lipstick in another. "By the way, Ura-chan, are you still paying attention to the fic?"

"Kaguya-sama says charge for emoji use, mini creation and all-around bad copyediting. Did you note that down?" Momoka added.

Urato clenched his teeth.

..........................Time to start the story..................................................

The next day, when we got to the house, the house was a two story house. It was a huge...we couldn't believe we were going to live in this house. Once they got in, Rin ran to the top floor to see which room was bigger, Len just walked up and waited until Rin found the room, the last time Len tried to get the bigger room Rin almost broke his whole body.

Urato wrote down a blanket charge for meandering narrative after yet another yawn. Behind him, the discussion had turned to the photo contest. "Why does Hazama-sempai think he needs to join this contest?" Inasuke asked. "How can he be sure he'll win that vacation? We could've just gotten another part-time job in New Cal. After all, he's handsome, charming and has experience with customer service. We already made quite a lot at the maid café."

"Maybe there's something else he wants out of the contest," Momoka said. "Remember, the winner doesn't just get the vacation, their photo would also be on the Monitor cover."

But then along came disaster.

When they got back home their mom made lunch. They were going to eat orange chicken, with noddles and rice. they were eating in silence until Rin said...

"Hey mom I saw a flower shop and it has so many different flowers there and I was thinking of getting you some"

"Sure sweaty did you see how much they costed"

"Ummmmm...i think $10-$20"

"Oh well that's good"

The four could barely stand up; they collapsed to the ground profusely coughing from the overwhelming smell of sweat. The three Hachune fell unconscious, whilst the heart-eyed emoji mysteriously had their eyes morph into spirals. "Damnit, da hell is goin' on?" Urato yelled between hacks. "I can't breathe!"

"Yet another badfic that can't spell the word 'sweetie' to save its life. Ugh, it's Akira-Sue all over again," Inasuke said. "Wait, what did Hazama-sempai say just now?"

"He says charge for eating bobbleheads and using incorrect currency," Momoka breathed out. "We need to get out of here, or we'll suffocate at this rate. This fic is distressingly boring as it is; let's exorcise the badfic ghost now."

"But we haven't taken Hazama-sempai's picture yet!"

The exchange was ruthlessly cut off: all of a sudden, balls of snow flew out from nowhere, repeatedly hitting all present like a barrage of cannonballs. The storm of snowballs only ceased when everything was thickly cloaked in snow: the floor, the agents, the poor Vocaloids, their curious meal of chicken and bobbleheads on rice. Once again shuddering and coughing, the agents' senses were in for a very unpleasant surprise: this snow wasn't multicoloured, but smothered in a strong perfume scent. Greeted by the overpowering smell right after noxious badfic-sweat odour, their nostrils felt as though about to explode.

The badfic ghost rose out of Rin's and Len's unconscious forms, but before any of the agents could announce charges, a plot hole opened under them, sending them free-falling.


Minis (all up for adoption):

  • Rins
  • Kagimine
  • Lens (wears glasses)