Spin-off: Four Demonly Kings
Kaguya and Momoka discuss their families. Since this is a backstory segment, Kaguya has short bobbed hair.
"That would be my paternal grandmother, Susuki すすき; she was the fourth head of the clan," Kaguya said to a curious Momoka of the family photo she had just finished cleaning, prominently displayed on the shelf in the side alcove. "She was a very intriguing person: she had an immense collection of neck scarves, and insisted that the colour of every scarf she wore outside must match the weather. She also liked naming after plants: her firstborn, my father, is named Takeo 竹郎, and after him are Uncles Shinobu 篠夫 and Nogimitsu 禾光. I believe she named her scarves after poisonous plants as well. Of course, after I was born, granny liked to joke that my father was betraying family tradition."
The little story drew from Momoka a chuckle. "It is a shame I cannot meet your grandmother," she said. "Kaguya-sama's family is indeed amazing."
Kaguya seemed to have recalled something, and so at once the subtle smile on his lips vanished. "Oh my, how insensitive of me to brag about my family to you. I'm sorry."
"It's alright; my family too themed our names," said Momoka. "My father was named Rihito 李仁, and by complete coincidence, my mother was named Anzu 杏. If my father was plum and my mother was apricot, it was natural, then, that I should be peach. Beautiful as a peach blossom, but strong as the warrior Momotarō; this was what my parents hoped when they gave me my name."
"What a lovely name," Kaguya said. "Indeed, you're named after a plant… could it be that you're more of a Hazama clansman than I am?"
The two laughed.