Spin-off: Fairy Godfathers
Helena unveils her masterpiece.
Fáelán stared at an equally baffled Sheen, then back at the monstrosity Helena had just presented them. The canvas was no larger than a lunch tray, emblazoned with what vaguely resembled a face, drenched and caked all over in an undecipherable mixture of colours. Stuck upon what was supposedly the eyes were two sweat pearls collected from Lady of the Ocean, still rich in scent after months had passed. "What is this?" Fáelán asked, at a loss for words.
"It's you, silly," Helena jovially replied. "Isn't it majestic? Come on, those pearls are just the thing to give those eyes the glory they deserve."
"It's a disaster!" Sheen said. "That thing looks nothing like Portavius. It doesn't resemble anything but an utter mess. What on earth is the matter with you?"
"Not only that, why those smelly pearls?" Fáelán added. "Now I have to deodorize the entire RC all over again!"
"Hey, at least you're giving my painting the time of day," Helena said. "I can draw the most serious, most realistic, most detailed unscented portrait of him, but what's the point of that? Who wants to see that anymore, when so many other painting-talents in the Hollow can make the exact same kind of painting? I must innovate and strike an impression, whatever may that impression be, if I want my gallery visited. What's the point slaving over a painting that no one will look at?"
Both Fáelán and Sheen only regarded her quizzically.